Tuesday, 2 June 2009

The Technical Stuff

A wedding ceremony in Scotland requires you to lodge your Marriage Notice forms (or M10s) with the Registrar for that district 3 months before the wedding. You will also need to lodge a separate sheet with additional information - ie the names of your witnesses and their addresses etc. A lot of this information can be found on the Registrar's website. In our case it's the Aberdeenshire Registrar that will be marrying us likewise you can just abuse good ol' Google for this information.

Another good place to look for the technical bits is the General Register Office for Scotland (GROS) where you will be able to download the M10s and read EVERYTHING about marrying in Scotland - both civil ceremonies and religions ceremonies.

Don't forget to check if your venue has a license for a civil ceremony, or is approved. Thankfully ours is so that's one less thing for us to worry about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment